- Master Training Programmes»
- Information Management
The list of diploma papers 2012-2013
Information Management (IM) - is innovative activity, focused on constant search for new, more efficient ways of organizing information activities, creation of material and social conditions for effective access to information and provision of information and communication processes, activation and development of existing information resources and forms of their rational use.
The need for special training of specialists, who can effectively solve the problems associated with the management of information activities is not satisfied by educational institutions in Ukraine. Hence, the slow pace of informatization, ineffective use of information equipment, technology and the potential of IT. And the need for such specialists is available. These professionals must become "mediators", a bridge between information technology and the end user.
The Master's Program is focused on acquiring such competencies that will allow:
• to shape the policy of the enterprise in the field of information technology (IT) and systems (IS);
• to align IT strategy with the business strategy of the company;
• to coordinate plans for organizational, structural and IT development of the enterprise;
• to select information technologies adequate to the needs of business;
• to make informed decisions regarding the creation and development of IT-infrastructure;
• to assess the impact of new information technologies upon the development of the company and on this basis to find optimal proportion between current activity and innovation in the field of informatization of the organization;
• to justify the decision to increase the level of informatization of the organization;
• to base on the concordance of interests of business units and IT departments of the enterprise while establishing priorities in IT sphere;
• to organize and conduct information activities at any object (both information and non-information areas);
• to organize information service of the government at any level;
• to organize the design, implementation and operation of information systems of any type;
• to lead the project team and manage the team of developers of new information systems of any kind, databases, software and other information products and services;
• to lead the management of information company (Service) (public or commercial) or to control its separate unit, to manage all the major and servicing processes that make information industry;
• to identify potential for raising the efficiency of production and economic activity of information structures (companies, services, IT departments, etc.) and be able to mobilize them.
Positions which graduates of the Master's Programs can occupy:
• CIO (Chief Information Officer);
• IT manager;
• Head of IT Department;
• Head of IT department, IT project manager;
• IT project manager;
• analyst for economic issues;
• analyst for informatization issues;
• analyst in computer communications;
• computer systems analyst;
• computer data bank analyst;
• consultant for economic issues;
• business consultant;
• enterprise efficiency consultant;
• IT consultant;
• Administrator for data;
• database administrator (DBA);
• Administrator for access;
• administrator for group access;
• Administrator for tasks;
• system administrator;
• Expert for computerization;
• Applied programmer, systems programmer;
• Architect of computer (information) systems.
Individuals who received educational and qualification level of the Bachelor or specialist in the relevant field (specialty) are admitted for training for the Master’s educational and qualification level.
Entrance exams: Professional tests; Foreign Language.
Last redaction: 11.12.15